Repurposing blog posts has become increasingly popular in recent years and for a good reason. Repurposing content means transforming existing content into something new. You could turn your top-performing blog posts into YouTube videos. But aside from Youtube videos, there are plenty of other creative ways to repurpose content.
In this case, you are turning an original blog post into engaging infographics for your social media posts. Infographics present information visually appealingly, making them ideal for social media sharing and increasing engagement. When repurposing content, you can attract new audiences, make your content more shareable, and provide an additional way for readers to engage with your content.
In this article, you will learn guidelines for effective repurposing, the benefits of using infographics, and step-by-step instructions to create compelling visuals. By the end, you will be armed with the information and tools necessary to repurpose your mental health blog posts into dynamic infographics that can benefit you and your audience.
Tips on How to Effectively Repurpose Your Mental Health Blog Posts into Compelling Infographics
Choose a blog post to repurpose
Choosing the right blog post to repurpose is critical when creating compelling infographics for your mental health content. Here are some factors to consider:
Importance of Choosing the Right Blog Post
The right blog post has garnered significant traction, demonstrating interest and engagement from your audience. Choosing the right blog post is crucial because it will increase the likelihood that your infographic will also be well-received by your audience. Additionally, choosing a blog post that is timely and relevant will help maximize visibility and shareability. Actionable blog posts or guest posts that provide practical advice and tips on a particular topic are also ideal for repurposing.
Factors to Consider When Choosing a Blog Post
- Popularity: Looking for blog posts that have been widely read or shared within your audience will increase the likelihood that your infographic will also be popular. Old blog posts are also a great choice if the topic is still relevant. You can also pick a guest post to reach a new audience.
- Evergreen Content: Evergreen content is content that remains relevant and useful over time. Selecting evergreen content for your infographics will help ensure that your infographic remains valuable over a more extended period.
- Visual Potential: Some mental health topics lend themselves more easily to visuals than others. When considering which blog post to repurpose, select one with the potential for visual content, such as data or statistics.
Identify key points and data from the post
You don’t have to take the entire blog post. Just identify critical points and data from it to create compelling infographics. Here are some techniques and strategies for effectively identifying and gathering information:
Techniques for Identifying Key Points
- Headings and Subheadings: Break down your blog post into its main sections using headings and subheadings. This will help you identify the main points you want to highlight in your infographic.
- Lists and Bullet Points: Look for lists or bullet points within your blog post. These points will likely be concise and easy to translate into visual content.
- Blockquotes: If you’ve used them in your blog post, pay attention to them. They often summarize essential information or provide key commentary on a particular topic.
Choose a layout and design that suits the information
Like in video content, choosing a suitable format and design is essential when repurposing your blog posts into infographics. Here are some suggestions on how to make effective design choices:
Importance of Effective Design
Infographic design plays a key role in communicating information. A well-designed infographic will help convey important information, facilitate understanding and engagement, and drive traffic to your site. Effective design involves finding a balance between attractive aesthetics and functional design.
How to Choose the Right Layout
- Assess Your Data: Before choosing a layout, analyze your accumulated data. Analyzing your data will help you determine the most effective way to present your information through graphs, charts, or other visual aids.
- Consider Your Audience: Consider your target audience when choosing a layout. Having your target audience in mind will ensure that your infographic is easily digestible for your intended readership.
- Be Mindful of Length: Lengthier infographics will call for more complex layouts. Consider selecting a single form or prioritizing the most critical information to keep the design clean and uncluttered.
- Use Templates: Templates saved in online design platforms are available for purchase and are an excellent option for those unfamiliar with design. Look for ones that are customizable and present data effectively.
- Identify the platforms: Which platforms and social media accounts will you use to share your infographic? Identify these platforms and plan your design accordingly.
- Test Your Design: After designing, run a few tests to ensure everything is working as intended. Running tests will help ensure your infographic looks great when publishing it.
Use tools to create your infographic
Using tools to create infographics is a crucial step when repurposing your mental health blog posts. Here are some tools you can use to create compelling infographics:
Introduction to Tools That Can Be Used
- Canva: Canva is a popular design tool that offers a wide range of templates, images, and icons to help you create your infographic. You can customize your design and add your data, making it quick and easy to produce an appealing visual.
- Piktochart: Piktochart is another design tool allowing you to create complex infographics easily. Similar to Canva, Piktochart provides a wide range of templates and design elements that you can use to build your vision.
- Vista Create: A user-friendly tool for beginners and advanced designers, Venngage offers simple templates and customizable, more complex designs. Their drag-and-drop features make creating an infographic a breeze.
How to use these tools to create a compelling infographic
- Choose a template: Most design tools provide a range of templates for free. Pick one that suits your data and audience.
- Add your information: Add the information you want to present in the infographic to your design.
- Customize your design: Customize your infographic by adding your images or icons, updating colors and fonts, and adjusting the flow of information.
- Review and refine: Review and refine the design to ensure it conveys your data clearly and easily.
Best Practices to Repurpose Your Blog Posts into Infographics
There are a few best practices to remember when repurposing your blog posts into
infographics to ensure they are engaging and effective in conveying information:
Keep It Simple
Simplicity is critical when designing infographics. Here’s how to do it:
- Stick to a single color scheme: A consistent color scheme will make your infographic look more professional.
- Use simple language: Avoid jargon and use layperson’s terms wherever possible.
- Focus on essential information: Truncate information that is not necessary and use only the most significant ones on your infographic.
Use Visuals Effectively
Visual aids enhance your infographic’s appeal and make it easier to understand complex information. Here’s how to use visuals effectively:
- Choose the right visual: Use visuals that relate to the information you want to convey. For example, use graphs to represent data or diagrams for processes.
- Make it easy on the eyes: Ensure that the visuals are well aligned and not visually tricky for the audience to understand.
- Add high-quality images: High-resolution images will make your infographic look more professional.
Be Mindful of the Audience
Your audience is the most crucial factor to consider when designing your mental health infographics. Here’s how to be mindful:
- Identify the audience: Analyze the target audience so that you can create an infographic that tailors to their interests.
- Keep it relevant: Ensure that the information on your infographic is relevant to your audience.
- Provide additional interpretations: Using subheadings and labels, make sure the points are clear and easy to understand for the broadest range of audiences.
Benefits of Repurposing Mental Health Blog Posts into Infographics
Repurposing your mental health blog posts into infographics has many benefits. Here are a few of them:
Infographics make it easier for audiences to understand complex topics and engage with your content. Visual elements make an infographic more appealing and help draw attention to your ideas. The use of visuals also makes it easier to share data concisely, resulting in higher engagement from the audience.
Creating an infographic can help you reach a wider audience. As infographics are more accessible to comprehend than long-form text, infographics have the potential to be shared across multiple platforms and increase the reach of your content.
Provides a Variety of Content
Repurposing blog posts into infographics allows you to spice up your content and provide variety for your readers. Infographics can be used as standalone content pieces or supplemental materials that provide more details about the main topic.
Infographics can improve your website’s search engine optimization (SEO) by allowing you to target multiple keywords in the same visual element. Additionally, high-quality infographics are more likely to be shared on social media platforms, resulting in higher traffic to your site.
To sum it up
In conclusion, repurposing your mental health blog posts into infographics is a great way to engage with your audience and reach a wider audience. When repurposing your blog posts into infographics, remember best practices such as keeping it simple, using visuals effectively, and being mindful of the audience. The benefits of repurposing your blog posts into infographics include improved engagement, increased reach, providing a variety of content, and improved SEO for your website.
Take Your Mental Health Blog Posts to the Next Level with Digital Engagement Strategies
Digital marketing strategies can take your mental health blog posts to the next level, reaching more people and creating meaningful engagement. Let us help you leverage digital media and creative campaigns so you can help people struggling with mental health issues. Contact us today to learn more about how we can help you make an impact!
Unlock Your Content’s Full Potential!